Eliminate tape, tape rotation schedules, and service fees.
Backup your data offsite every night. Automatically. Securely.
· Supports Exchange Server,
Brick-level Exchange Mailbox, SQL Server,
Oracle, Lotus Notes and MySQL
· Supports Windows, Linux, Mac, NetWare,
· In-File Delta Backup and real time data
· Local Copy feature available for rapid local
· Protect all desktops and notebooks easily
· 100% Data Encryption - both during transit
· Free Software
How does it work?Because the system is an online solution, once a file is protected, it will never be backed up again unless the file changes or you invoke a full backup. This eliminates backing up the same unchanged files each night. When files do change, only the "changed" portion is copied offsite to CRM's Vault. This is called delta blocking – the process of recognizing changed information in a file and backing up only the new information. Should one of these files need to be restored, the system will rebuild the file and deliver it back to you. This reduces both bandwidth and storage requirements making this an "Internet friendly" solution.
Should you need to restore a large amount of data that would otherwise not be practical to pull over the Internet in a reasonable timeframe, CRM can copy your backups from their Vault to a portable device (hard drive, laptop, PC, server, etc.) and deliver it to you. Optionally, when you initially set up your backup jobs, you can opt to have a "local copy" of your daily backup jobs stored locally on your own hard disk. This will allow you to backup and restore your data at LAN speeds (or faster, if using local disk).There are no additional charges for this option, nor additional storage fees - it is simply a feature of our software.
Specific backup agents
Microsoft Exchange Mail Level agent
Microsoft Exchange Server agent
Microsoft SQL Server agent
Oracle Database agent
MySQL Server agent
Lotus Domino Server agent
How long do Internet backups take?Most companies are concerned with the amount of time it would take to backup (or restore) their data over a relatively slow Internet/WAN connection. Here is how our solution addresses this concern:
1. The initial backup is written at local speeds to a detachable hard disk connected to the server or a remote workstation.
2. The hard disk is then shipped to CRM and connected directly to their Electronic Vault where the data is then pulled into their system.
3. From there forward, only changed data is sent over the Internet from the Backup Appliance – on a block level. (If only 10k of a 25MB file has changed, then only that 10k will be transported!)
In the event of a large data loss, CRM can pull your data off of the Vault to a portable device and hand deliver or ship it to you.